Lane Warriors is a MSQ Program that records all distances swum throughout the year.
The results record the Top 5 Individual winners in each age group category, the club winners and all results.
How it works
- Every time you get into the water to swim laps or when you’re training, record the distance swum on that day.
- Your drills count as well i.e. if you use pool accessories e.g. flippers, kickboard…, then the distance swum still counts.
- Record your daily distance swum on the Excel Spreadsheet, which automatically calculates all your distances.
Open Water Swims
Open water swims may now be included in your Lane Warriors calculations and are subject to the following strict conditions:
- Distance over a measured course, e.g., Jetty to Jetty, Headland to Headland, Rowing Course. Regular swim course that has been measured (with a degree of accuracy) e.g., Noosa foreshore from the Surf Club to the Rock Groin, Townsville Strand from the Rock Pool to Tobruk Swimming Pool.
- Distance as measured by a GPS device such as Garmin – Data from a smart tech device to be provided.
- Distance swum in competition over a set course, e.g., Lake Barrine.
Club Secretary, Recorder, or a Coach to sign-off on the summary form confirming the reasonable accuracy of the OWS distance/s each member has swum.
The Program Documents
Club Summary: The club summary sheet is the only spread sheet to be sent to the MSQ Administrator on the 14 January.
The club recorder must sign off all individual spreadsheets, enter the result and send the one document only.
The top five distances swum in each of the three categories are recorded. Each winner receives a certificate, with results recorded on the MSQ website.
The 3 age categories are:
- 18 – 34
- 35 – 60
The top 3 clubs are announced and recorded in the annual report.
All distances for each club are added up and divided by the number of swimmers from the club, who entered the program. We encourage members to swim as many metres as they can in one year.