All you need to know about Coaching Masters’ Swimming
- Becoming a Masters’ Coach
- Becoming a Presenter at a Coaching Course
- Club Coach Course
- Coach of the Year (The Form is the same as the one being used for the MSA nomination)
Becoming a Masters’ Coach
- Anyone can become a Masters Swimming Coach. MSQ has a Director of Coaching, who is responsible for holding coaching courses as per the Masters Swimming Australia regulations and guidelines.
Clubs are notified of courses and the region in which these will be held.
Becoming a Presenter at a Coaching Course
If you’re interested in being a presenter at a coaching course and you have the qualifications and experience to do so, click on the form below. Application: Coaching Presenter/Facilitator The form explains the requirements you need to be a presenter on an MSQ coaching course.
- If a club is interested in running a coaching course, it must inform the Director of Coaching Services, who will assist the club in providing the best course for the club/s.
- If individuals are interested in becoming a coach, please contact the Administrator to establish the availability of courses and to register your interest. You may do so through your club.
Pathways to Becoming a Masters Swimming Coach
For more detailed information on Coaching Pathways, course content, accreditation and reaccreditation of your coaching qualifications in the National site, click on the MSA link: Coaching Pathways
Club Coach Courses
The Masters Swimming Club Coach Course provides candidates with basic coaching knowledge and skills training to be an effective adult swimming coach. Requirements of the course
- Complete Masters Club Coach Online Course (https://learning.swimming.org.au)
- Complete Masters Club Coach Workshop Pre-Registration Form
- Complete Masters Club Coach Workshop – hosted by local Branch
- Pool-deck practical assessment (usually at the workshop)
- Sign Coaches Code of Behaviour Agreement
- Complete & submit Workshop workbook
- Log 30hrs coaching on pool deck
- Complete CPR course
Candidates will be provided with the required login instructions and material prior to the commencement of the course. Applicants have 12 months to fulfill these requirements. For more detailed information, click on Club Coach Course. If you already hold a qualification check the following link:
Recognition of Current Competencies
Re-accreditation of Coach
Coaches need to re-accredit their coaching certificates on a regular basis. The Forms to complete:
Coach of the Year
If your club wishes to nominate your club Masters Swimming Coach as the Coach of the Year, fill out the form and send to the MSQ office: Please abide by the due date as per the MSQ Constitution. Clubs will be notified of the due date.