MSQ and Volunteers
Masters Swimming Queensland is a non profit organisation, which receives a small amount of funding from the Qld Government.
Its main source of income is dependent on the following:
- Membership fees
- Club Affiliation and Swim Meet Sanction fees
- Income derived from the annual State Championships and from the Pan Pacific Masters Games every two years.
Our technical officials and most of our coaches assist our clubs and the organisation on a voluntary basis.
Assistance at our State Championships is given by members of the host club/s. Officials, who assist at the State Championships, may be drawn from throughout Queensland.
MSQ welcomes all volunteers to our organisation, whether existing members, or friends and family. Please join us! We welcome your assistance in any way you can.
How volunteers can help
- As timekeepers at our swim meets
- As technical officials. We offer free courses for you to become a technical official.
- As a coach for adult swimmers. These are run regularly and there is a cost involved. Clubs often subsidise the course fees.
- As a volunteer on a needs basis, which may be in the office or at major swim meets
Masters Swimming Queensland is extremely fortunate to have so many wonderful members who generously give of their time to assist in a wide variety of ways. Some are committee members that help to guide their club. Others lend a hand at swim meets or club functions. Some are Board members, some coach, some work as officials, and many offer their support and assistance in countless ways. Thank you so much to everyone for giving a little of your time to make a BIG difference in the lives of others.
Membership of Volunteers
Non-swimming volunteers, officials and coaches may join MSQ with Non-Swimming membership. This membership is available in Swim Central.
If you are also a swimmer, you need to purchase ‘Swimming Membership’.
Detailed information on Technical Officials, courses and rules can be found on the MSA website.
Click on Technical Officials for information on how to become an official.
For more information, please contact the MSQ Business Manager.