There are four regions in Queensland. Click here! to find the clubs in the region and the contact email and phone numbers.
North Region (North of Mackay)
Central Region (North of Noosa – up to Mackay
Sunshine Region (North of the Brisbane River & south of Maryborough, including South Burnett)
South Region (South of the Brisbane River, Northern New South Wales – Tweed Heads, Lismore etc.)
You may join a club that operates from a pool venue or the virtual club, run from the office (Barbarians)
How to join a club:
- Check the clubs in the region you live in.
- Contact the club to find out all the information you require and to introduce yourself.
- If you have not been a member of another MSA club, you would need to join as a NEW REGISTRATION. Not all clubs include the club fee online and you would, therefore, need to pay the club fee directly to the club.
- If you have been a member of another club – even if you haven’t joined more recently and you wish to transfer to a new club, let that club know and then notify your old club.
- The new club will need to transfer you to its membership. Once you have been transferred you are ready to register as a RE-REGISTRATION.To access information on clubs in each region, you may click on the region above or check the drop down
sub-menus under Clubs Barbarians – State Club
QBR, The Barbarians is a club run by the MSQ State organisation. It was created to cater for swimmers who:
- live in remote areas too far from existing clubs
- prefer not to join a club
- prefer to train with swimmers, who don’t belong to a club, but who enjoy training together
- are unable to find enough swimmers to form a club, but live too far from an existing club
QBR has its own website, managed by one of its members: QBR Website
How to join the Barbarians
- If you’ve been a member of MSA at some stage, but maybe not recently, you need to contact the administrator so that you can be transferred from your previous club. Once that has occurred, you RE-REGISTER via the Members’ Portal on the right hand side buttons.
- If you are a new member, register online as a NEW REGISTRATION, select Barbarian Swim Team and follow the prompts.
- 12 month registrations are valid from 1 January to 31 December
- 6 month registrations are valid from 1 July – 31 December of the same year
- 16 month registrations for lapsed or new members are available from 1 September (current year) to the 31 December of the following year
All Clubs are required to affiliate with MSQ each year. Please fill out the form to affiliate when requested.