Brisbane Southside Masters Meet Summary 2022
The Brisbane Southside Masters Long Course Swim Meet 2022 was held on the 18th of June 2022!
BSM were proud to host 179 entrants from swimmers representing 33 clubs throughout QLD, NSW and even an international masters swimming member from Sri Lanka.
Amazing swimming results were achieved with many swimmers setting personal best times across the range of 50m, 100m, 200m and 400m events. The meet was remarkable however with three world records being set and many other national and branch records also being recorded.
- World records – 3
- National Records – 9
- Queensland State Records – 15
- New South Wales Records – 4
BSM would like to recognise and thank our officials for a perfectly smooth meet which even ran slightly ahead of schedule.
- Officials – Lori Chaplin, Jane Wilson, Mary Ann Salvana & Gary
- Recording – David Haley, Peter Crane
- Meet Director – Josh Hemelaar (with support from Greg Flanders)
- Check Starters – Katie Cover, Cathy Flanders, Traudi Marcelo & Anthony Fitzgerald
- MC and Sound – Janeene Hutchinson & Lorraine O’Reilly
- Chief Timekeeper – Bruce Nolan
- Marshalls – Baz Peters, Col Chapman, Linda Maloney & Elise Butler
Throughout the day raffles were drawn and presented to lucky winners. This year the raffle haul was just as famous and impressive as previous BSM meets with 21 prizes available including a framed signed 2008 Olympic singlet from Jess Schipper, camping chairs, health supplements, enjoyable beverages and so much more.
The meet was concluded with a free sausage sizzle for competitors and gold, silver and bronze medals awarded for the various age groups.
BSM was excited to join with MSQ in congratulating the 60 swimmers from QLD who earned World Top 10 status in 2021. A special swim cap was awarded by Elaine Sng to those who achieved this remarkable result.
Finally, the following club and induvial awards were presented:
- Champion Club highest aggregate points: Miami Masters
- Small Club Best Average: Gympie Gold Fin Masters
- Swimmer of the Meet: Kady Ibell from UQ Masters
We would not be able to deliver a quality swim meet without the support of our sponsors. Brisbane Southside Masters would like to thank ATP Science, SQ Swim shop, Heritage Bank, Chemist Warehouse, Bunnings Warehouse, Funkita, Funky Trunks, Brisbane Camperland & BWS.
To download your participation certificate, click here.
For all results, click here.
For all photos, click here.