Allianz Swim Club
Allianz Swim Club is a modern, inclusive, open and inviting swim club that rethinks the way we teach adults to swim.
Developed in response to research that has found one in four adults are either weak swimmers or can’t swim at all, Allianz Swim Club normalises not knowing how to swim by developing lessons exclusive to and designed for, Adults. Preparing them to be confident in the water.
It is a free of charge, 8-week learn-to-swim program available at 15 pools across 5 states. Allianz are funding 800 swimmers to participate in the pilot wave of this program.
Supported by free merchandise pack that will be handed out on arrival at the first lesson, welcome morning tea and ongoing email support, as well as a private Facebook group, Allianz Swim Club builds a community of swimmers in a friendly, encouraging and judgement-free environment to learn.
- An eight-week program, running in 15 pools across Australia
- 800 spots are available for lessons
- This is a pilot wave, with registrations closing 1st September and the program itself running October – December 2023
- Lessons for those with no swimming ability and are offered on a first come, first served basis. They are available to all Australians aged 18+
- Learning will be individualised and tailored to each adult in the class, acknowledging that not everyone will be at the same level
- Participants will progress their swimming and water safety skills, learning to become comfortable in both shallow and deep water, all under the guidance of the swimming teacher
- Swimmers are welcomed into an inclusive and supportive program with an introductory morning tea, private Facebook group and dedicated Swim Club ‘Meter and Greeter’ to assist participants throughout the program
Allianz is partnering with AUSTSWIM to provide a safe environment for adult swimmers to learn about swimming and water safety.
Allianz is partnering with Masters Swimming Australia to give adults learning how to swim, access to a broad adult swimming community.