2019 State Long Course Championships
Masters Swimming Queensland welcomes you to our premier event for 2019: The Masters Swimming Queensland State Championships.
Held at the prestigious Brisbane Aquatic Centre over three days 11-13 April, this is the event for you! Come and join us, and celebrate in what masters swimming is all about – Fitness, Friendship & Fun. This event attracts keen swimmers from all over Australia, who come to compete and holiday in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Entries are now open!
- Entries close Thursday 4 April
These State Championships are proudly brought to you by Masters Swimming Queensland in partnership with host club, Brisbane Southside Masters.
- Warm up each day will be from 8am
- Racing starts each day 9am
- Individual nomination fee $70
- Relay team nomination fee $20
- Maximum individual events = 9
Program of Events:
For MSQ members: Go to the Member Forum and enter as usual.
For interstate swimmers:
- Go to the Member Forum to register. If you have not used the MSQ system before, you will need to create an account.
- Use your membership number and date of birth in the required fields. It will say you are unfinancial but we’ll import the updated membership financial data later, so please ignore.
- Paypal is our payment provider, but you can pay via Credit Card. You don’t need to register a Paypal account to pay. Scroll to the bottom of the Paypal page to find the option to pay via Credit Card, without registering for a Paypal account.
- If you have any problems, please contact David email@example.com
- All clubs captains are strongly encouraged to complete all relay nominations and payments online, before the commencement of the meet.
- Relays close on the day of each relay event at 10am. Relay teams may be added, amended or deleted online or via the relay desk up until this time.
- Only club relays are allowed. No composite teams.
- People with Club Captain access to Entry Manager for their clubs can lodge relay teams online via Entry Manager:
- Log into Entry Manager at https://forum.mastersswimmingqld.org.au
- Click Entry Manager->Club Relay Teams
- Select the State Championships meet.
- Select the appropriate event and follow the instructions on the page from there.
- Teams can be created, amended and deleted online via Entry Manager.
- Clubs are encouraged to pay for relay teams online prior to the event. Payment can also be made at the relay desk.
- Relay teams may be lodged, amended or deleted at the relay desk up until the deadline each day. If lodging or changing a relay team at the relay desk, be sure to fully fill out the relay entry form, including contact details.
- Relay forms can be found here:
Form Stroke in 400m or 800m Freestyle?
If you would like to swim a form stroke in these freestyle events, you will need to print and fill in this form to hand to the Meet Referee on the day. Please note that medals will only be awarded as a freestyle event. For the purposes of awards such as Swimmer of the Meet, it will be taken as freestyle. The form time will only be credited for the purposes of the Results Portal.
Gary Brinkman will be on deck to capture images from our State Championships. He will be in attendance from 10am to 12pm on Friday and Saturday. Swimmers are welcome to approach Gary to request particular photos on the day. Please see Gary Brinkman Photography for more information.
Geoff will be available to engrave your medals. The cost is $5 per medal.
He will been situated on the Inner Concourse, Scoreboard End, Western Grandstand, on each day. Geoff is also happy to engrave any medals you might have from other meets.
Olympian and Masters Swimming Queensland patron, Jess Schipper will be in attendance at our State Championships. Look out for her and say hello!
State Championship caps
We have designed some commemorative silicone swimming caps for our State Championships. They are limited edition and come in two colours – gold and red. Get in quick as they are sure to run out fast! Cost $10 and available at the relay table.
Would you like to Volunteer?
Would you like to help us? If you or a family member would like to volunteer at our meet, please fill out this form.
Information on getting to the Brisbane Aquatic Centre can be found here.
See link to Venue Map for Parking.
There is a cycling event coinciding with the MSQ State Swimming Championships.
Car Park 3 (P3) might be the best parking option for our swimmers and patrons.
Access to Venue
Access to the Brisbane Aquatic Centre will be by the Western Concourse NOT through Reception.
There will be seating in the Western Grandstand only for swimmers and patrons.
There will be limited seating available for those with a Medical Disability Certificate on the Pool Deck (Change Room Side of Pool).
Competitor Bag & Program
There will a Table on the Western Concourse each day of the Meet for swimmers to collect their CHEMIST WAREHOUSE sponsored SPORTS BAG and PROGRAM.
- Vorgee Male Swimmer of the Meet
- Vorgee Female Swimmer of the Meet
- Best Swimmer 18 – 29 Years
- Best Swimmer 30 – 49 Years
- Best Swimmer 50 – 69 Years
- Best Swimmer 70+ Years
- Mary Maina Trophy – Highest Average Points – Small Club
- Max Gillespie Trophy – Highest Average Points – Large Club
- George Corones Trophy – Highest Club Points
- Jenny Mack Trophy – Highest combined points for the 100m and 200m Breaststroke events
*Please note that individual awards are calculated using the sum of your best 5 swims on Fina points.
MSQ State Championship Presentations will be made at the conclusion of events on the final day, Saturday 13 April at approximately 4pm. Please join us in the Aquatic Lounge for music, drinks, nibblies and fun to accompany the presentation of these awards.
For onsite accommodation, click here.
For updated program and information, please check the events page: https://mastersswimmingqld.org.au/event/2019-state-long-course-championships/
Masters Swimming Queensland are grateful to these major sponsors for their support of our State Championships: